Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pittcon 2012 Review

It was very nice to have Pittcon back in Orlando. If I had to pick one place for this show to stay, it would be in Orlando! Weather was unseasonably warm to boot.

Walking the floor, I immediately noticed the impact that the economy is having in our industry as the show was significantly smaller again. I heard numbers in the "thousands" instead of "ten thousands" this year. Although, I will admit, I have not seen the final numbers.

New this year was a big screen in the middle of the show floor showing the live twitter feed from Pittcon. While this idea sounds "cool", I did not see one person looking at it and the few minutes I looked at it didn't really offer much value to me.

I'd love to see an app designed to help easily link manufacturer's with distributors. Specifically, I'm looking for a place where attendees and exhibitors can register what type of companies they are looking to meet and then have a way to connect with each other, perhaps even set an appointment. When I go to Pittcon, I have two purposes: 1. Visit my distributors and 2. Find new products to either introduce to the education market or into our network of laboratory distributors. Having an app with this type of technology would help me and many like me who are looking to find new business relationships.

I'm off to NSTA next week and look forward to seeing more of our distributors there! Have a great day everyone and to those of you in the midwest like me....enjoy the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment