Thursday, April 10, 2014

NSTA 2014 Review

I was pretty hard on my review of Pittcon 2014 this year, and rightfully so....poor job all around by the folks at Pittcon!

Last week, I attended the National Science Teachers Association show in Boston.  What a departure from what Pittcon was!  It was nice to see full aisles of teachers walking the floor of the show.  We found many great innovative products being demonstrated and it seems that vendors have once again started spending money on this show.

All of the large Sci Ed dealers had a significant presence both with personnel and booth space.  As a manufacturer's rep, its always great to have a collection of key decision makers in our industry all together under one roof.

All of the workshops seemed to be very well attended and the buzz surrounding many of them was greater than usual.  I was able to reconnect with a lot of old friends at the show.

Finally, I think a tip of the cap to the city of Boston is necessary.  Hospitality was fantastic.  My only gripe is that bus service was not running all day between the hotels and the convention center.  The hotels chosen gave attendees a wide variety of choices and I was very pleased with my hotel near Chinatown (Doubletree).

As a bonus, having the show in Boston allows me to visit some local dealers as well.  I had a great week in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Sadly for us, the show is in Chicago next year.....early mornings and late nights for me it appears!

Have a great day!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment